[MPlayer-users] Connec to http-stream

Stefan Schlee stefan_schlee at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 10:01:46 CEST 2013

Hello!

I am using the Debian squeeze backport version (dpkg -l gives me: 2:1.0~rc4.dfsg1+svn34540-1~bpo60+1) of mplayer.

I want to listen to a stream over http/1.1, with the header field setting "Connection: keep-alive".  By default my mplayer version connects via HTTP/1.0 and sets the "Connection" header field to "close", which does not work for the streaming server I want to connect to, though.

Does the mplayer version that I use allow me to set the http-connection parameters as described above, and if so how do I set them accordingly.

If not: Does a newer version of mplayer work as required?

Kind regards

Stefan