[MPlayer-users] Inverse characters in MPlayer + aalib

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Jun 11 21:19:53 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 06:31:51PM +0000, Toni wrote:
> I've noticed that the 'aalib' or 'aa' video output plugin for MPlayer does
> something it didn't do before: it uses inverse characters for display (black
> text over white background). I've tried several combinations of aalib options:
> noinverse , noreverse , nobold , noboldfont, but they don't work. I'm not sure
> if the right syntax for passing arguments to the video output plugins is '-vo
> aa -aa:noinverse' or '-vo aa:noinverse'. Anyone sucessfully passes arguments
> to mplayer plugins?

It works somewhat for me.
Of course those specific ones you tried are pointless, since those are
the default settings. So obviously you won't see a difference.
But you should see the difference if you compare to
-vo aa:inverse
However something is broken since it gives completely different
output from toggling this options by pressing '7'.