[MPlayer-users] mencoder and edl with too high values

Thomas Igracki Thomas at Igracki.de
Wed Jun 19 17:25:48 CEST 2013

Hello,

when I convert cutlists (from cutlists.at) for tv recordings (from
onlinetvrecorder.com) to edl files, I set the last endtime to a very high
value, because I don't know exactly the correct endtime of the recording.

MPlayer has no problem to play the recorded movie with the edl file, but when I
use mencoder to cut out the parts, it produces many "Skipping frame!" lines at
the end and never (?) stops! I have to press ctrl-c to stop it manually.

The cutted movie then plays normaly, but it would be better if mencoder would
recognise the end of the movie even If the last endtime is set to a very high
(beyond the end of the movie) value.
--
Ciao, Thomas!