[MPlayer-users] mplayer benchmark interpretation

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jun 29 03:03:54 CEST 2013

Umar Qureshey <umar <at> janteq.com> writes:

> I got the following on my platform:
> -OpenGL ES 1.1 and 2.0 API
> -EGL 1.4 API
> -OpenVG 1.1 API
> -OpenCL 1.1 EP API
>
> I don't have OpenGL and I see that mplayer
> supports that but not OpenGL ES.

To the best of my knowledge, MPlayer does
support OpenGL ES but I don't have such
hardware, Reimar will hopefully comment
when you explain why you think it does
not work.

[...]

> >Reimar will hopefully correct me but I thought that
> >x11 (when fed with rgb16) does not need additional
> >colourspace conversion, but the filtering may be
> >part of the "VO:" in this statistic.
>
> Any way to turn off this filtering?

You wouldn't see anything without the conversion
from yuv420p -> rgb16 ...
(that is part of the "filtering" chain.)
The conversion was never optimised on arm, if
you know arm assembly, a patch is welcome!

Carl Eugen