[MPlayer-users] Building MPlayer and XMMS

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Mar 5 18:17:02 CET 2013

Vladimir Mosgalin <mosgalin at VM10124.spb.edu> wrote:

>Hi Elio Blanca!
>
> On 2013.03.05 at 01:15:28 +0100, Elio Blanca wrote next:
>
>> >There is intermediate one, but it's kind of a hack because it'll
>help
>> >only people like you who "borrowed" libxmms from somewhere (and no
>> >guarantee it'll work at all). Just create stubs for few x11 & gtk
>> >functions that plugin might call - after all, I don't really think
>it
>> >*neeeds* them for something nice, but if it does, this way won't
>work. I
>> >believe there should be some way to automate stubs creation, though
>> >don't know how.
>>
>> Should I put these stub functions into mplayer source?
>> And how do I know how to name each of them? Where do I get the
>prototypes?
>
>You should at least post log showing current error..
>It depends on what kind of problem you have. If plugin is linked with
>other libraries, then dlopen() call will try to load all these
>libraries
>and you'll get an error if it won't find some. I don't have deep
>knowledge of this, but I believe there should be a way to workaround it
>(remove libraries from this list somehow?)

As far as I can tell, no libraries are specified as dependencies, so that should not be a problem. That still leaves the undefined symbols.
You can make it load by changing RTLD_NOW to RTLD_LAZY in the xmms demuxer.
It will load fine then, but will crash when it tries to actually use one of the undefined symbols.
Those you'd have to implement.