[MPlayer-users] subdelay + dumpsrtsub -> the opposite delay sign

Wed Mar 6 16:13:44 CET 2013

Hi Teemu Likonen!

 On 2013.03.06 at 15:25:35 +0200, Teemu Likonen wrote next:

> In the resulting "dumpsub.srt" file the delay goes to the opposite
> direction. Timestamps are 5.0 seconds _earlier_ when compared to the
> original "movie.srt" file.
>
> So, if I want to dump a fixed subtitle file I must first test and find
> the subdelay value that fits the movie, then change the subdelay to its
> opposite value in the command line (i.e. "-subdelay X" --> "-subdelay
> -X") and then dump subtitle file.
>
> I use this feature rarely but I think the subdelay + dump went to the
> expected direction when I last time used it (a long ago).

As long as I remember, mplayer always interpreted subdelays opposite to
other tools.

Btw I *really* suggest you not to use -dumpsrt for srt-to-srt (or any
other kind, for that matter) conversion; better use "srttool" (e.g.
srttool -d -5 -i input.srt > output.srt") (it used to go with transcode
package, if you can't find it, I can send its source) for
non-interactive changes and subtitleeditor for interactive changes.

--

Vladimir