[MPlayer-users] Mencoder: How to convert 1440x1080 to 1920x1080 Square pixel and yuv420 to yuv244p

Karsten Jeschkies jeskar at web.de
Sat Mar 9 22:54:49 CET 2013

Hi,

so I have a m2t file from an HD camera. Somehow it is broken so that
Premiere won't open it and ffmpeg has trouble converting it.

Mplayer and Videolan play it nicely. Now, I wanted to convert the file to
DNxHD.

DNxHD only accepts 1920x1080 yuv422 "input". Converting to such a format
with ffmpeg was no problems with other files. However, I cannot find a way
to tell mencoder to pass the write format to the lavc video driver. Can
anybody help me out?

I converted the m2t to an image sequence nad used that as an input for
ffmpeg. However, that screws up the aspect ratio.

Or should I rather use mencoder to convert to huffyuv and then use the new
file as an input for ffmpeg?

Hope you can help me out.

the best to you,
Karsten