[MPlayer-users] compile failure on MacOS 10.5.8

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Mon Mar 11 14:55:07 CET 2013

* Reimar Döffinger on Monday, March 11, 2013 at 11:59:29 +0100
> Christian Ebert <blacktrash at gmx.net> wrote:
>> mplayer fails to build on Mac OS 10.5.8:
>
> You need to either use gcc 4.2 or later or disable threading.
> While we like FFmpeg could support other configurations, due to
> the performance loss this would mean I'd rather not do that.
> Though configure should be changed to fail with an appropriate
> error message.

Ok, I was able to build using a more recent gcc from fink by
doing:

$ CC=gcc-4 ./configure [...] && make

$ gcc --version
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5493)
$ gcc-4 --version
gcc-4 (GCC) 4.6.3
$ which gcc-4
/sw/bin/gcc-4

Thanks.

\black\trash movie         _SAME  TIME  SAME  PLACE_
 --->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/stsp.php
\black\trash audio   _ANOTHER  TIME  ANOTHER  PLACE_
--->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/atap.html