[MPlayer-users] vaapi decode H.264 with MPEG-2 decoder?

Weiwu Zhang zhangweiwu at realss.com
Tue Mar 12 10:40:47 CET 2013

2013/3/12 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>:
> Current MPlayer does not support "-vo vaapi", please ask
> your question wherever your received your binary from.
>
> (Yes, the output is misleading, patch welcome.)

Thank you for being ... informative.

My copy is an Ubuntu PPA from Sander van Grieken, who in turn gets it
from http://www.splitted-desktop.com/.

Companies are usually less communicative than communities, lacking
open bug trackers. Thus I marked this issue on my calendar to review 3
months later and if issue persists report it in a suitable place by
then.