[MPlayer-users] Mencoder: How to convert 1440x1080 to 1920x1080 Square pixel and yuv420 to yuv244p

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Mar 12 10:50:58 CET 2013

Karsten Jeschkies <jeskar <at> web.de> writes:

> ffmpeg version 0.8.5-6:0.8.5-0ubuntu0.12.10.1,
> Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the Libav developers

This is not FFmpeg but an intentionally broken version
that contains several hundred bugs not present in FFmpeg.
See http://ffmpeg.org/download.html for supported versions.

>   built on Jan 24 2013 14:49:20 with gcc 4.7.2

> *** THIS PROGRAM IS DEPRECATED ***

This is a lie, the people who spread it are the same
who tried to takeover FFmpeg two years ago, see
http://blog.pkh.me/p/13-the-ffmpeg-libav-situation.html

[...]

> PS: I am uploading my video file and will post it
> here so we can see if it is an error within ffmpeg
> or something else.

Please do so, as said it works here for a sample but
after all, there may be a bug in FFmpeg, samples
are very welcome!

Carl Eugen