[MPlayer-users] different output between mplayer & ffplay/ffmpeg

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Mar 26 00:08:56 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:05:32AM +0400, Abu Abdullah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> seeking using mplayer results in half second ahead where it is working
> correct using ffplay/ffmpeg. I tried to use -demuxer lavf without success.
> I do not know why there is a difference. appreciate your help.

I assume you listened to the actual sound, and didn't just look at the
numbers?
However MPlayer searches the next packet after the given time stamp,
and as you can see ffplay plays 0.2 seconds "too early".
So I disagree about one being more "correct" than the other, even
though ffplay might be more intuitive.