[MPlayer-users] jpeg 2000

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri May 3 00:14:39 CEST 2013

 <katiem <at> Safe-mail.net> writes:

> I've noticed some changes additions to mplayer
> concerning jpeg2000 recently.

Digital Cinema files play fine here with latest MPlayer,
with -vo gl even in realtime;-)

> The sample from
> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/jpeg2000/jpeg2000_mxf_first_10mb.mxf
> doesn't play.

As far as I can tell, this sample never worked correctly
with FFmpeg or MPlayer, with FFmpeg, it now needs
--enable-libopenjpeg --disable-decoder=jpeg2000
but I don't think this is a real regression.
If it ever worked for you with either of the programs,
please provide complete, uncut console output.

http://blogs.bu.edu/mhirsch/2012/08/playing-motion-jpeg-2000-mj2-videos-from-matlab/
> (Rotate180CCW-checkerboard.mj2) doesn't play.

I am not sure why this fails even with --disable-decoder=jpeg2000
but Reimar is already working on it.

> Another sample
> http://www.openjpeg.org/samples/Speedway.mj2 doesn't play either.

This also does not work with any version, older or
newer, here, please provide working console output
so I can try to find out what is going wrong.

Carl Eugen