[MPlayer-users] VHS to DVD conversion service (also, audio cassette to CDs)

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun May 5 20:14:30 CEST 2013

On Sun, May 05, 2013 at 01:25:06PM -0400, Randy Kramer wrote:
> A friend of mine wants to get some personal (but not that personal!) VHS tapes
> converted to DVD, and some audio (I think she said cassettes) to CD.
>
> I just thought I'd ask here if anybody is interested in doing this (at a low
> price) or knows of a low priced service.

Just have a TV card and you should be able to connect the VHS player to it
and record. Once you have each movie on the PC, there are many programs to
turn them into DVDs with or without menu's. Basically depends on your OS.

I must say that I don't use disks at all. I just trew out my last self
made DVDs and stored my bought DVDs away (and thinking about selling them
on the second hand market)

If you are going from VHS to digital, you might ask if disks is the way to
go. That might depend on the reason.

If it is to give to somebody else, it is good as it is cheap. If it is for
achieving, then you might wonder if disks are the best option. They tend
to keep for about 5 years. After that they will deteriorate and sometimes
even faster. A dedicated external HD might be a better option.

houghi
--

					This space left blank intentionaly