[MPlayer-users] Sound stop between Ctrl+Alt+Fn and Alt+F7

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at vtxnet.ch
Wed May 22 09:52:00 CEST 2013

Le Tue, 21 May 2013 12:14:15 +0200,
Alexander Roalter <alex at roalter.it> a écrit :

> Am 20.05.2013 17:43, schrieb Dominique Michel:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My dekstop is FVWM-Crystal on gentoo. I have jack that run all the
> > time without pa but with the sound aloop module loaded for the alsa
> > only programs. mplaer use jack for audio.
> >
> > With my precedent graphic card, a hi-end nvidia, all was fine at the
> > exception of the noise of the ventilator of this card. I changed it
> > for an ATI silent. I really appreciate the absence of noise, but I
> > get a new problem:
> >
> > When shifting from X to a console with Ctrl+Alt+Fn, the sound
> > from mplayer disappear at the same time. It go back only when I
> > shift back to X with Alt+F7.
> >
> > This must be related to the graphic card. I run it with the ATI
> > fglxr driver, and I didn't get this issue with the nvidia card.
> > Also, with the new one, the sound from audio only software like
> > alsaplayer is not interrupted.
> >
> > Are you aware of this problem, and is it something else I can do
> > than to report it to AMD?
> >
> > Best,
> > Dominique
> >

> I havea similar issue, but mine was with a geforce card, too.
> It manifested in the following way:
> - sound through pulseaudio
> - when switching from X to the console, no sound
> - once I log in the console (as the same user as is running mplayer
> in X, I get sound also in the console

I can login both as root or as the same user in the console, but never
get sound. I just try with xine also using jack, and I get sound, even
before any login.

So, this look like to be a mplayer related issue. I use cgroups to get
realtime priority with jack.

MPlayer SVN-r36265 (Gentoo)-4.7.2 (C) 2000-2013 MPlayer Team

Playing Alizee.En.Concert.mpg.
libavformat version 55.7.100 (internal)
TS file format detected.
VIDEO H264(pid=4113) AUDIO DTS(pid=4352) NO SUBS (yet)!  PROGRAM N. 1
FPS seems to be: 25.000000
Load subtitles in ./
[gl] using extended formats. Use -vo gl:nomanyfmts if playback fails.
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
libavcodec version 55.9.100 (internal)
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, floatle, 768.0 kbit/25.00% (ratio: 96000->384000)
Selected audio codec: [ffdca] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg DTS)
AO: [jack] 48000Hz 2ch floatle (4 bytes per sample)
[Mixer] No hardware mixing, inserting volume filter.
Starting playback...
Movie-Aspect is 1.82:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [gl] 720x576 => 1048x576 Planar YV12  [fs]
[ASPECT] Warning: No suitable new res found!
[ASPECT] Warning: No suitable new res found!
A: 603.1 V: 603.0 A-V:  0.018 ct: -0.005  77/ 77  7% 19%  1.3% 0 0

Exiting... (Quit)

The joined file is the log of mplayer -v

Dominique

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."