[MPlayer-users] mplayer play 4 audio chn file to jack

andre castro andrecastro at c-e-m.org
Wed Nov 13 14:32:18 CET 2013

Thanks Reimar, but didn't work
mplayer2 test_4chan_2.wav -channels 4 -ao jack:noconnect
trows an error, it doesn't recognize the noconnect argument
Could not parse arguments at the position indicated below:
noconnect
^

-ao jack commandline help:
Example: mplayer -ao jack:port=myout
   connects MPlayer to the jack ports named myout

   port=<port name>
     Connects to the given ports instead of the default physical ones
   name=<client name>
     Client name to pass to JACK
   estimate
     Estimates the amount of data in buffers (experimental)
   autostart
     Automatically start JACK server if necessary
Failed to initialize audio driver 'jack:noconnect'
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Audio: no sound
Video: no video

Do you reckon, that if I compile a more recent version, I will be able to use noconnect?

cheers

On 11/13/2013 02:11 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> andre castro <andrecastro at c-e-m.org> wrote:
>> Mplayer geniuses,
>>
>> Do you have any idea how to reproduce a 4 audio channel wav file, using
>> mplayer and send it to jack
>>
>> Do you have any idea of what could I be doing wrong??
>
> If you set MPlayer to automatically connect its output ports, it adjust the number of channels to the number of ports available connect to.
> You can use -ao jack:noconnect to avoid this.
>
>> I am running Debian (Jessy) and mplayer 1.1-4.7
>
> However that version is probably too old to have that feature.

          _
         (`  ).
          http://deceptionnarrativ.es/
                http://www.andrecastro.info/