[MPlayer-users] Generate image file output with mencoder

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 2 21:24:24 CEST 2013

I'm using mencoder to inverse telecine a raw video file in AVI format.
Instead of having the output be another video file, can I instead create image files
in the same command?  There should be one image file for every frame in what
would have been the output video file after it was inverse-telecined?

Here is an example command I'm currently using:
    mencoder IN.avi -oac copy -ovc raw -vf filmdint -ofps 24000/1001 -o OUT.avi
I would like to generate a sequence of output images instead of OUT.avi.