[MPlayer-users] Generate image file output with mencoder

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sun Sep 8 16:24:51 CEST 2013

Hi James!

On 2013-09-07 19:02 -0700, James Board wrote:
> >As the message says, you need to remove the ffmpeg/ directory and let configure download a current version via git.
>

> I'm on a non-networked machine.  Can I do this manually?

  If you remove the ffmpeg/ directory (with the old SVN checkout) and
replace it with a current FFmpeg which you can with

  git clone git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git ffmpeg

it should work. You should do the last step on a machine with access
to the Internet. Then you transfer the resulting ffmpeg directory to the
machine where you want to do your compile. It will also prevent MPlayer's
configure from trying to update your FFmpeg via Git.

  Remember to replace the ffmpeg directory with an up-to-date
version when you try to compile MPlayer again weeks or months
from now.

  Alexander