[MPlayer-users] Generate image file output with mencoder

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 14:50:32 CEST 2013

> The reason I don't use ffmpeg for IRTC, and I tried,
> is that it threw away 25 percent of the frames, when
> it should only throw away 20 percent of the frames.
> I don't think that will be fixed anytime soon either.

>Please understand that above is very close to a lie.

You are calling me a liar?  And you're the guy that complains
about my netiquete because I top post, or my editor uses long line
lengths, or I mention mencoder on a ffmpeg mailing list?  Be nice.

I posted the exact ffmpeg command I used to IVTC and asked
for help.  The frame count is far less with ffmpeg then mencoder.
Posting test cases are out of the question for me, as we previously
discussed, since my input files are hundreds of GBs.

> Either test with -vf fps or provide a test case.

Okay, I'll try that.  Nobody mentioned that before.