[MPlayer-users] VDPAU decoding in MPlayer broken by recent FFmpeg changes

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Tue Sep 24 22:37:20 CEST 2013

Am 19.09.2013 20:06, schrieb Reimar Döffinger:

> I can now regression test the old and new code and ensure they
> produce exactly the same data.

I lacked time to tinker with my computer last week, sorry for not
responding in a timely manner. You mean probably

<http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2013-September/148517.html>

> Patches fixing packed B-frames are on the FFmpeg list.

I could find only

<https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/2aa8e33d7d86fbc4a4060c363a5733067c160654>

as a related patch which had already landed. The choppy playback with
-vc ffodivxvdpau as well as "marker does not match f_code" console spam
issue are fixed for me, thanks.

The only small thing which I have noticed is an error from
libavcodec/mpegvideo.c:770 and 771

[mpeg4 @ 0x7f2cb553a4a0]Context scratch buffers could not be allocated
due to unknown size.

printed to the console with multithreaded decoding and -vc ffodivxvdpau
(no such error message with -vc ffodivxvdpauold). This happens with all
mpeg4 videos I could test so far.

> If you have other samples that do not work with the new codecs, now
> is a good time to submit samples.

I don't have any ATM. The only VC1 sample I tried

<http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/530/hd-dvd-demo-1080p-vc-1-ddplus-5-1/>

plays fine with both -vc ffvc1vdpau and -vc ffvc1vdpauold, but the
former prints

Error while decoding frame!

from the DECVIDEO module twice per seek (both single- and multithreaded).

MPlayer r36458 and FFmpeg at 4fdf2fa94a3f4658073185f399d6c9c3e5b47272.

Thanks,

--
Regards

Ilja