[MPlayer-users] ass subtitles, vo gl and amd video

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 24 23:03:25 CEST 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 22:36:20 +0200
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:18:28AM +0200, wm4 wrote:
> > that 1. different libass versions with different bugs (up to mplayer's
> > completely retarded builtin copy, which is slightly modified compared
> > to official libass, you should fix that)
>
> Last I heard there was no willingness to support compiling without
> fribidi support.

Fribidi is a small and ubiquitous dependency, so that should be no
problem, and avoiding making the ifdef soup even more terrible.

Even if you think it's needed, it would probably be possible to add a
dummy shaper, and abstract the fribidi dependent parts better.

> Maybe not exactly a huge feature, but I kind of like it and it's
> not much to maintain.
> The other is about spurious \r being render as all kinds of strange
> symbols.

This looks fishy. Maybe there's something else wrong? Anyway, I linked
your post to greg. He will have an opinion.

> Those should be all modifications.
> I am notoriously lazy and the google code page at least doesn't
> suggest how try to get them in, any tips?
> Assuming they even have a chance.
> I attached them.

Open a new issue and attach the patches. Or make a github pull request.