[MPlayer-users] ass subtitles, vo gl and amd video

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Sep 25 00:17:06 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:54:24PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > With these things, the gaussian blur is usually what slows it down
> > most, though I didn't check in this case.
>
> I didn't check with -vf ass properly, so not sure.

Just FYI:
In a perf run, the highest CPU usage functions in libass are:
render_text: 2.86%
ass_render_event: 2.05%
bitmap_hash: 1.12%
outline_hash: 0.95%
ass_cache_get: 0.72%
composite_hash: 0.68%

Rest is hardly relevant.

for vf_ass there is:
draw_image_yuv: 8.36%
render_frame_yuv420p: 1.27%

Which means that they both use about the same amount of CPU,
but blur doesn't look like a problem really.
This was for drawing onto a 720p video, they might scale differently.