[MPlayer-users] ass subtitles, vo gl and amd video

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 25 21:27:23 CEST 2013

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 19:57:42 +0200
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 05:57:32PM +0200, wm4 wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 22:36:20 +0200
> > Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> > > Last I heard there was no willingness to support compiling without
> > > fribidi support.
> > > Maybe not exactly a huge feature, but I kind of like it and it's
> > > not much to maintain.
> >
> > We decided that we don't want more ifdeffery. But a clean way to add
> > this functionality would be accepted. That'd be a bit more work, though.
>
> Ok, I'll try to work towards that long-term, but it's certain to
> take some time.
> I also think I might have a sensible way of merging the characters
> at least for cases like this inside libvo...

The idea for reducing the number of sub images was rendering runs of
glyphs with same attributes (at least same color) into one image, I
think. There was something about this not being entirely correct in
corner cases, but was considered good enough because vsfilter does the
same.

What do you envision?

> > > The other is about spurious \r being render as all kinds of strange
> > > symbols.
> >
> > Applied. Renamed SKIP_SYMBOL to IS_SKIP_SYMBOL.
>
> Thanks!
> Btw. a minor thing I noticed is that basically the same condition
> is used in process_text.
> Also when having a closer look I wonder if I did this really
> correctly, there are similar conditions in get_bitmap_glyph
> and measure_text functions that do not check \r.
> I believe I didn't change it because I didn't have a sample
> that needed it and did not know what I was doing, but maybe worth
> reviewing?

I don't know what I'm doing either. I just showed greg your patch, and
he ok'ed it.

I just keep wondering why \r has to be handled (where does \r even come
from?), and isn't just filtered out in get_next_char(). (There's also
trim_whitespace().)