[MPlayer-users] My cropping question revisited.

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Sep 25 23:52:52 CEST 2013

I did some fiddling 2 days back, before I tore up a knee and am reduced to
using crutches to get around.

1, mplayer idents the camera ok, but cannot connect.

Its identified in the log as input: HD Pro Webcam C920 as
/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb1/1-6/1-6:1.0/input/input10
And seems to claim its a 2304 by 2xxx pixel device.

2, it would appear that libv4lconvert.so may be one of the stumbling
blocks.

It is generating, in the shell that launches the 'v4l2ucp', many many
messages about format(s) it can't handle.

So, where do I go to ask questions about that, or perhaps obtain and build
the newest srcs which may contain (or may not) knowledge of this camera?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Your supervisor is thinking about you.
         law-abiding citizens.