[MPlayer-users] VDPAU decoding in MPlayer broken by recent FFmpeg changes

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Sep 26 21:37:16 CEST 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 06:56:49PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Ilja Sekler <ilja_sekler_ <at> gmx.de> writes:
>
> > > You have to test a sample that does not start with a black frame.
> >
> > Well, the only sample available that matches this requirement is
> >
> > <http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/WVC1/Test_1440x576_WVC1_6Mbps.wmv>
>
> First frame looks black to me...
>
> Please try the sample in http://samples.ffmpeg.org/V-codecs/WMV9/interlaced/

Silly question, but are you completely sure the issue is related to
black frame or not and not related to interlaced?
Because seeking should generally result in non-black first frames,
and I did not notice any issues in decoding VC1 with VDPAU and seeking.
However I did actually never test interlaced streams.