[MPlayer-users] My cropping question revisited.

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Sep 29 12:00:08 CEST 2013

On Sunday 29 September 2013 05:19:41 Reimar Döffinger did opine:

> On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 07:01:27PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > MPlayer SVN-r1.0~rc3+svn20090426-4.4.3 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
>
> At some point you should probably consider trying with something less
> than 4 years old...

Without building a new one, thats what I can get from the 10-04.4 LTS
repo's, linuxcnc requiring an RTAI patched kernel to function in real time,
where IRQ responses above 5 u-secs are pure poison to the process.

Those patches are extremely invasive.  Our release wranglers are working on
that but it might be into 2014 by the time its ready for prime time.  In
the meantime, its been found that the $45 BeagleBone Black, once a
suitable I/O cape has been produced, has, because of its quasi independent
I/O bits & pieces, has more than enough performance to run this application
quite well.  So at some point, its possible the whole project might switch
away from the x86 processors completely.  Whether the camunits-emc kit can
be built to run on the ARM's remains to be seen.

> That said, the main issue is that MPlayer by default tries to pick
> an uncompressed format.
> You will probably want to try one of these:
> -tv outfmt=0x47504a4d
> -tv outfmt=0x34363248

I will give those a try when I have light for the camera again.

Thank you Reimar.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

<Overfiend> ltd: Fine, go through life just pointing and grunting at
            what you mean.  Works for Mac users.
         law-abiding citizens.