[MPlayer-users] low latency streaming receiver with audio

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 02:31:43 CEST 2014

Hello.
I'm aware of the fabulous

mplayer -benchmark <my streaming url here> which has basically
awesomely low latency (with video only streams).

ex:
mplayer -benchmark udp://236.0.0.1:2000 (mpeg realtime stream).

I'm now wondering...is it possible to kind of get low latency when
mplayer is receiving a stream that includes both video and audio?
I.e. I want to playback the audio, but I don't want it to cause any
slowdown in the video, etc.
Any thoughts/solutions out there?
Just thought I'd ask before diving into some "audio speedup filter" or its like.
Thank you.
-roger-