[MPlayer-users] mplayer dvdnav://1 starts with the wrong audio track

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 25 10:47:14 CEST 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
> I noticed with this DVD (cars 2 in this case [1]).
>
> if I play it in mplayer like this:
> mplayer -identify -autosync 30 dvdnav://18

> Starting playback...
> ID_AUDIO_ID=128
> ID_AUDIO_ID=129
> ID_AUDIO_ID=130
> ID_AUDIO_ID=131
>
> (full output here: https://gist.github.com/rdp/11271484 )
>
> It selects audio track 132 (es) by default (odd that it's an option,
> since not even mentioned above).

Yes it is - check your output again:

audio stream: 4 format: ac3 (stereo) language: es aid: 132.

ID_AID_132_LANG=es

> It *should* have defaulted to 128 (en) (powerdvd does, vlc does).  So
> I'm not sure why but it seems to be selecting the wrong default track
> (perhaps it should order them and choose the lowest ordered by
> default? dunno).
> Thank you for your support.

I don't think you have alang=en slang=en in your config file? I don't
know what the default audio/subtitle choice is, but if you specify
what language and sub you want mplayer will respect that.

Cheers

Tom