[MPlayer-users] mplayer dvdnav://1 starts with the wrong audio track

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 29 10:45:02 CEST 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/26/14, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 04:20:24PM -0600, Roger Pack wrote:
>>> It selects audio track 132 (es) by default (odd that it's an option,
>>> since not even mentioned above).
>>>
>>> It *should* have defaulted to 128 (en) (powerdvd does, vlc does).  So
>>> I'm not sure why but it seems to be selecting the wrong default track
>>
>> There is no such thing as "default track".
>> If you start from the menu, you should be able to select it, but if
>> not MPlayer will (should) pick the first that contains data, which
>> mostly depends on how the DVD was mastered.
>> If you want English, specify a language explicitly via -alang.
>
> I believe DVD's themselves list a particular track as "default"

Despite Reimar explicitly now telling you that they do not?

> (for
> instance, VLC always starts with the English track on these DVD's...).

VLC has a default language and chooses the track that matches that
language. VLC localised for France certainly does not choose the
english track by default.

'FWIW', do you think mplayer should have a default language of english?

Cheers

Tom