[MPlayer-users] Trouble playing UDP multicast stream in mplayer
adf.lists at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 15:52:00 CET 2014
Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 06:22:55PM +0600, Prabashwara Seneviratne
>> Thanks for the reply @reimar I followed your suggestions and
>> installed the latest svn mplayer and updated my distro (xubuntu
>> 14.04) for good measure. It also worth mentioning that i moved to
>> a faster machine as well (Core 2 Duo 2.8ghz, 2GB DDR2, Nvidia GTS
> Hm, too bad that there's no easy way for me to test myself.
>> I tried using the ffmpeg://udp:// command instead and it resulted
>> in this
>> bash at Bash-C2D:~/peo$ mplayer ffmpeg://udp://22.214.171.124:6000
> Maybe something like
> would be better...
>> using the same command that i used before, with a bigger cache
>> (mplayer --cache 8192 udp://126.96.36.199:6000) the playback was
>> slightly better(i.e not as many artifacts), but still not perfect
>> (perhaps due to the faster machine)
> Just to exclude issues I'd start with something crazy like -cache
> 100000 Unfortunately right now I don't have many more ideas...
Maybe packet loss on lan.
If using wireless don't! or maybe try udpxy, but that would need control
over a box with a good connection.
If wired then test - it doesn't take much loss to mess up a udp tv stream.
Admittedly testing against a little modem box may not work, but you
should be able to get zero loss with something like (as root)
ping -s 1400 -f -c 10000 .......
If you get some loss it's time to start un/re plugging trying/cleaning
different ports etc.
More information about the MPlayer-users