[MPlayer-users] SSL Support (HTTPS) in mplayer

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Wed Dec 17 22:04:08 CET 2014

Hi together,

while this discussion unfortunately went off-topic, I would
be interested in the results. Maybe I missed them...

On 2014-12-16 22:54 +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 01:14:49PM -0800, paipai von wrote:
[...]
> > Question: is there a way to enable SSL
> > (HTTPS) streaming in mplayer? If so, how?
> > And if not, is there some way to make SSL
> > work, even though it's not "official" yet?
>
> There were some detail issues with detecting
> SSL libraries, but with latest SVN I think
> it is supposed to "just work".
> I believe both me and Alexander fixed the last
> issues and tested it, so I think it should
> work fine.

  Did a fresh build of latest MPlayer SVN work
for you out of the box?

> It might be worth trying "ffmpeg://https://"
> instead of just "https://" as in certain cases
> that might even work with older MPlayer versions
> (I think).

  If the "https://" didn't work, did this?

  As Reimar mentioned before, things should just
work with with a current build of MPlayer and all
requirements installed.

  Some more information about previous problems
of using HTTPS with MPlayer are documented in
ticket #2183

  https://trac.mplayerhq.hu/ticket/2183

  Alexander