[MPlayer-users] video scaling doesn't work

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Feb 11 16:13:40 CET 2014

On 11 February 2014 15:41:39 CET, Erik Auerswald <auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de> wrote:
>Hi,

>anyone
>> >
>> > "omapfb" meaning what?
>> > The X11 omapfb driver? You should ask on their list.
>> > There is no omapfb vo in MPlayer, that is not supported by us
>> > if that's what you use.
>> > Either way, upscaling needs special kernel support and userspace
>that
>> > is updated to make use of this support.
>>
>> Does mplayer have swscale capabilities like vlc?
>
>Yes, see options -zoom, -sws and -vf scale.

I can only highly recommend to look for a proper solution. Unless you only care about playing 320x480 videos on a screen with not much higher resolution it won't work.
There is a very good reason for all that scaling hardware to be in the SoC, ignoring it instead of making it work won't get you far.