[MPlayer-users] Showing percentage of cache loading before movie

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Feb 16 14:34:04 CET 2014

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 03:20:58PM -0400, ikwyl6 at gmail.com wrote:
> Is there a way to do this on a blank/black screen before movie starts
> without running from console?

While showing some text on the OSD would be fairly trivial to add, the
problem is that without video there will be no window (because to create
the window we need to know things like size etc which we get from
the video resolution), and without window there is nowhere to display
that text...
One (very ugly) way this could be fixed is by first playing an
empty image, which will then stay while caching if you use -fixed-vo
(note: unless you use e.g. -vo gl it will not be able to redraw this image
though).
You could then use osd_show_text to display whatever you want.
If something like this would work, I could probably add a few things
to the code to make it more convenient.