[MPlayer-users] mencoder: failure to copy audio tracks on certain DVDs

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Feb 22 20:21:14 CET 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 08:07:48PM +0100, Pascal Stumpf wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 18:34:45 +0100, =?utf-8?Q?Reimar_D=C3=B6ffinger?= wrote:

> > > FWIW, this is mplayer -v during playback:
> >
> > It kind of has the same issue:
> >
> > > ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: audio)
> > > MPEG: No audio stream found -> no sound.
> >
> > It just finds audio later on.
> > Possibly using -novideo will help, but I'd probably need a sample to fix it properly.
>
> Nope, it just segfaults, leaving *no* coredump behind.

Yes, -novideo is a bit unreliable unfortunately...

> Sample is pretty hard to provide, since I'd have to copy the whole DVD

I think -dumpstream and the first 10 MB or so would probably be enough
to show the issue.
In a single command (if it works):
mplayer -dumpstream -endpos 10mb dvd://2
output will be in stream.dump, and hopefully shows the same behaviour
as using the DVD directly (please check, and if not try larger sizes,
if it works you can also try to reduce the size, but make sure both the
initial "no audio" happens as well as the audio appearing later on when
playing it with mplayer).