[MPlayer-users] dumpstream of rtmp stream

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Feb 26 21:42:38 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 09:43:35PM +0100, Dominique Michel wrote:
> If I play a video file, the capture work fine when I press the C key,
> and I get a ~/stream.dump file which play just fine later.
>
> With the following rtmp stream (I didn't try other at that time), I can
> play it live, create the stream.dump file, but just get garbage when I
> try to play it later.

streamdump will only record exactly the data received.
rtmp is a format that in contrast to e.g. MPEG-TS has information
about the codecs used etc. only at the very start.
So if you do not have dumpstream enabled from the very start it
will not work.
You should see the exact same effect if you play a .avi,
.mkv, .flv, .mov, .mp4 or ... file (basically almost everything
that is not MPEG-*), the C key will not work with them.