[MPlayer-users] mencoder: failure to copy audio tracks on certain DVDs

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Feb 28 21:15:59 CET 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 09:11:34PM +0100, Pascal Stumpf wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 20:29:32 +0100, Reimar =?iso-8859-1?Q?D=F6ffinger?= wrote:
> > Yes, or exact command-lines. I tried something with mencoder
> > and it worked, but I did maybe not test quite the same
> > thing, and I certainly did not get a crash with lavf. So I'm
> > afraid you'll have to instruct me how to reproduce these
> > issues.
> For this particular DVD, mplayer -dumpaudio does not work.  I've
> uploaded a 10mb sample that shows the problem for me.
> ./mplayer -v -dumpaudio -aid 131 /tmp/tng.nosound

I should have told you:
You should be able to fix any of these by in demux_mpg.c
editing this line (824 currently) to use a larger number:
int max_packs=2048;

The problem is I am concerned that raising this much higher
might cause serious issues in some cases, so currently I
don't know what to do about this issue.

More information about the MPlayer-users mailing list