[MPlayer-users] Wrong aspect ratio when playing old mkv files

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Jan 1 16:00:22 CET 2014

 <andrew <at> WARnux.com> writes:

> On 12/28/2013 06:04 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> >   <andrew <at> WARnux.com> writes:
> >
> >> Are you saying that
> >> -vf fieldmatch=combmatch=full,decimate
> >> is wrong for inverse telecine?
> >
> > No, I am saying that mpdecimate is completely
> > different from decimate (including a different
> > function).
> >
> > If decimate does not work for you, please report it.

> Maybe this will shed light on why it's working:
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2013-March/141106.html

Please allow me to repeat:
If the "decimate" filter does not work for you. *please*
report it: The filter is needed for fieldmatch, mentioned
in the documentation and is supposed to work.

mpdecimate does something different, in particular, it
is not supposed to output CFR video (which is expected
from an inverse telecine filter).

Happy new year, Carl Eugen