[MPlayer-users] Turn off smoothing/anti-aliasing with scaling?

Wayne Wayne at TradeTimer.com
Sat Mar 15 16:21:19 CET 2014

> Using -vf-add instead of -vf might help.

Yep, that did the trick.  Thanks!

> Though I wonder if -sws 4 on its own shouldn't work without the scale.

No, it doesn't work without the scale.  I wish it did.

> ... but nearest neighbour is not there since I very much didn't expect anyone would _want_ that.

Some poor-quality clips actually look worse when any amount of smoothing or softening is applied.  Nearest-neighbor, though 'blocky' gives the illusion of sharpness in these cases.

Thanks again.