[MPlayer-users] h264 video for html5 page

Bram Van Steenlandt bram at diomedia.be
Mon May 5 13:00:58 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Please forgive me if my english isn't great or my question is stupid.

I'm trying to convert a video stream for internet explorer and google
chrome (from a IP cam).
The H264 stream from the camera can't be embedded, it won't play (source
not valid).
When I try and convert it with ffmpeg it works:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://x.x.x.x -b 1500k -vcodec libx264 -vpre ultrafast -vpre
baseline -g 30 output.mp4

but ffmpeg can't write to a fifo and need to this data to be sent from
within an apache/mod_python handler.
While it's probably possible to use sockets or something similar I like
the fifo aproach.

I've tried:
mencoder rtsp://x.x.x.x -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 -ovc x264   -o
output.mp4
mencoder rtsp://x.x.x.x -ovc x264  -o output.mp4

But none give me a file that will play in chrome of IE (also source not
valid), the files do play in mplayer.
Does anyone on this list knows a working command for an html5 compatible
h264 conversion ?

I'm using a rather old version (MEncoder SVN-r31628-4.4.6) and ffmpeg
(0.6.5).

Thanks
Bram