[MPlayer-users] joining video data ...

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu May 15 21:18:33 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 02:54:39PM -0400, Albretch Mueller wrote:
> I got a bunch of (apparently Windows) files that seem to be avi video
> data.

I can't make sense of that. Either they are AVI files or they are not.

> Inside of the directory where the files are, there is a
> descriptor playlist ini file that looks like:

No, it just a Windows autorun file, with some additional information
(at best has been misused to also act as kind of a playlist).

> and files with names prefixed a la "File###" and with extensions ".d" and ".i"
>
> How do you join all those files into a single mp4 video file I can
> watch on a windows or Linux box?
>
> Any link to utilities to join video data and/or the description of
> that type of file format?

I have no idea what the problem is,
Is the problem joining them or being able to play them?
In order to be able to join them you'd usually first have to figure
out how to play them (with a generic video player, not the special
binary that is included).
But if the point is only to be able to watch them, why do you want
to join them, and especially why into mp4 video specifically?
Either way, unless you can already play them in MPlayer you'd
have to upload or otherwise provide us with samples so we can
analyze what format they are in.