[MPlayer-users] HELP: My messages aren't being sent to this list

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 14:34:09 CEST 2014

> James could you reply here to test? The messages you sent
> yesterday
> still ended up in spam with gmail, but I don't know if that
> was before
> or after the changes.

Here is your reply.

Also, I looked into Yahoo Answers and found [appended below], which
was a recent change in how Yahoo is combatting forged
Yahoo email addresses.  This is almost certainly the cause
of my problems.  But I don't know anything about what they're
talking about.  Is there anything I can personally do?

Yahoo recently changed our DMARC policy to proactively protect our users from increasing email forgery spam. This is an important step to secure our users’ email identities from being used by unauthorized senders. If you're an email service provider (ESP), here's information about why your messages will be rejected due to failed authentication.

Yahoo recently updated the DMARC record with "p=reject" for the "yahoo.com" domain.

This means all DMARC compliant mail receivers (including Yahoo, Hotmail, and Gmail) are now bouncing emails sent as "@yahoo.com" addresses that aren't sent through Yahoo servers. Any messages without a proper Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) signature or Sender Policy Framework (SPF) alignment will be rejected.

ESPs who use their customers' "@yahoo.com" address as the "From" address to send messages are impacted by this change.

What does Yahoo recommend I do?
We recommend ESPs ensure all messages can be authenticated by DKIM and/or SPF. To achieve this, ESPs should use domains that they're authorized to send emails from. It's not recommended to use a customer’s personal domain.

To receive responses with an "@yahoo.com" address, either a Reply-To: header or email forwarding from authoritative domains are the suggested options. Bounces should also be managed within your authoritative domains.

Yahoo’s SMTP service is designed to send user emails only, and it can’t be used as a replacement