[MPlayer-users] my mplayer ignores CTRL key combos when playing audio only, intended?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Nov 11 18:53:38 CET 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 06:40:39PM +0100, lynx.abraxas at freenet.de wrote:
> Recently  I  added a CTRL-D keysequence to input.conf and it works as expected
> when mplayer plays a video-file. However if I let mplayer play an  autio  only
> file the key combo seems not to be caught/processed by mplayer at all. Is that
> intended? Can I somehow make mplayer process CTRL+Key combos for any  file  it
> plays?

This is most likely related to whether the input goes via terminal or
the video window.
I suspect if you play video and switch to the terminal you get the
same behaviour as audio-only.
Also I'd suggest trying something other than CTRL+D, since that is
the "end of input" keycode which might be problematic.
Generally these kind of things are likely related to termcap files
and terminal input handling in general.