[MPlayer-users] Trouble playing UDP multicast stream in mplayer

Prabashwara Seneviratne prabash.s at outlook.com
Sat Nov 29 02:04:27 CET 2014

Hello
For sometime now, my ISP has been providing a IPTV service, through a set top box that connects to a fixed port on an ADSL router. After sniffing traffic between the set top box and the router, I was able to figure out that the IPTV service was provided through a UDP Multicast Stream, with different multicast addresses for tuning into different channels.

While I am able to watch these video streams using mplayer, the stream is heavily glitched/corrupted although it appears perfectly fine on the set top box.

(I had to upload the terminal logs separately since the message exceeded the message size limit with the terminal logs in it)

Here is the terminal log along with the command I used to watch the stream
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B85ojFrVx5GEaFFsYUhnMzlYV28/view?usp=sharing

and here is the terminal log of the stream being dumped to the sample file given below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B85ojFrVx5GEQkd6VHI4OFNjdkk/view?usp=sharing

Sample file link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B85ojFrVx5GEa2hRTWdraVIzdEk/view?usp=sharing

Can someone please help me to get this stream working (without glitches) in mplayer?
Thanks

(This is the first time that I am using a mailing list so apologies, If I have made any mistakes in this post)​