[MPlayer-users] AutoDetect aspect ratio

David Thatcher dthatcher7 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 03:06:16 CET 2014

Reimar,

-monitoraspect does the job. Whatever resolution I'm at, I can just set
-monitoraspect to the aspect ratio of the video, and it fills the screen.
For example, playing a 16:9 video on a 1024x768 screen with the following
command makes it fill the screen:
mplayer -monitoraspect 16:9 video.mpg

It would be nice to have an option like -fillaspect that would
automatically set the monitoraspect to whatever aspect ratio is either 1)
given by the video, or 2) whatever aspect ratio can be assumed from the
dimensions of the video. I want to avoid invoking a special driver like
what would happen using -vo gl.

Thanks,
David

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de