[MPlayer-users] Cache empty, consider increasing -cache and/or -cache-min. [performance issue]

Jim Cross jimgcross at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 12:01:41 CEST 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Erik Auerswald <auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 09:47:28AM +0100, Jim Cross wrote:
> > I have compiled and can run SVN-r37303-4.6 (thanks for your help Erik.).
>
> You're welcome. :-)
>
> > have not yet run make install to create the simlink as I want to make
> sure
> > the new version works OK. So for now, I can still run my current (old)
> ver
> > and the new one fairly easily.
>
> You do not need 'make install' for MPlayer, I have never used myself.
> You can use it if you want to, of course.

After removing the 'old' version, I used 'make install'. However, I found a
couple of things to note here:
- Due to permissions the 'make install' failed as it could not create or
copy the files, so I used 'sudo make install'
- Wheezy build default env variable 'path' doesn't have /usr/local/bin/, so
causes issues when using web server and/or cron with scripts to run
mplayer. So I created this simlink (easier than adding the additional path
to path variable in scripts): $ sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/mplayer /usr/bin

However, I'm not sure either of these issues would appear from a clean
install of wheezy....