[MPlayer-users] [AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: No such file or directory

Jim Cross jimgcross at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 16:48:25 CET 2014

Thanks again Erik. I'll take a closer look but for now something is not
quite right as the web server still sends MPLAYER_HOME=/var/www/.mplayer
(copied below), which worked before:

User: www-data
Env variables: SERVER_SOFTWARE=lighttpd/1.4.31
SERVER_NAME=192.168.1.8
GATEWAY_INTERFACE=CGI/1.1
SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.1
SERVER_PORT=80
SERVER_ADDR=0.0.0.0
REQUEST_METHOD=GET
REDIRECT_STATUS=200
QUERY_STRING=
REQUEST_URI=/cgi-bin/test.py?
REMOTE_ADDR=192.168.1.14
REMOTE_PORT=58375
CONTENT_LENGTH=0
SCRIPT_FILENAME=/var/www/cgi-bin/test.py
SCRIPT_NAME=/cgi-bin/test.py
DOCUMENT_ROOT=/var/www/
HTTP_HOST=192.168.1.8
HTTP_CONNECTION=keep-alive
HTTP_ACCEPT=text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8
HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36
(KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.104 Safari/537.36
HTTP_REFERER=http://192.168.1.8/test.html
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING=gzip,deflate,sdch
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=en-GB,en-US;q=0.8,en;q=0.6
MPLAYER_HOME=/var/www/.mplayer
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games
home dir is: /var/www<br>