[MPlayer-users] MPlayer – changing ‘ao=’ codec order in mplayer.conf does not appear to work for per user config?

Jim Cross jimgcross at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 19:24:01 CEST 2014

You would think!

But I set the perms so anyone can change the fifo as follows:
'sudo chmod 777 /run/shm/mpcontrol'

Checking:
$ ls -al /run/shm/mpcontrol
prwxrwxrwx 1 www-data www-data 0 Sep 13 11:15 /run/shm/mpcontrol

But mplayer does not read the fifo (data stays in fifo and mplayer does not
change volume for example ) unless I run mplayer with sudo, then it appears
to work OK.

I have tried changing owner of fifo to pi:pi and root:root with the same
response, i.e. does not read fifo unless run with 'sudo'.

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de