[MPlayer-users] h264 video is grey, corrupted, after upgrade to 1.1.1

S Andreason sandreas41 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 01:11:55 CEST 2014

Hi,
I have searched and read other reports about grey video and h264 not
playing, but none of them had a solution to match my situation.
I have mplayer 1.0-pre3 and rc2 and svn from 2011 installed, had no
issues or need to upgrade until it refused to play a newer h264 video
(from a Mobius action camera, with newer firmware with newer compiled
libraries) that differs slightly from older h264 video files. Perhaps
that is a separate issue, but since the usual recommendation is to
upgrade. I did so.
Now mplayer-1.1.1 will not play _ANY_ h264 video files in .mov .mp4 or
.avi containers.
They all show a grey screen with corrupted-looking garbage blocks drawn
from the top, refreshing to flat grey every keyframe.

Small sample video file, 4 seconds of a beaver pond:
http://seahorseCorral.org/videos/tests/20140128_pond-W_rec10990.mov
Screenshot:
http://seahorseCorral.org/videos/tests/20140128_pond-W_rec10990-f1.jpg
5Mb output log and system information text file:
http://seahorseCorral.org/videos/tests/20140128_pond-W_rec10990.txt

The important looking error message is at the following 4 lines:
Unsupported PixelFormat 61
Unsupported PixelFormat 53
Unsupported PixelFormat 81
[h264 @ 0x8bd5a80]top block unavailable for requested intra4x4 mode -1
at 1 0

I've also upgraded yasm,x264,ffmpeg, and recompiled mplayer again,
here's the long config.log in case the problem isn't apparent with the
above file.
http://seahorseCorral.org/videos/tests/mplayer-1.1.1-config.log

I also tried renaming the .mplayer directory so it wouldn't find my
config files. No change.

Stewart

--
http://seahorseCorral.org