[MPlayer-users] Playing (one large) WAV/MP3/... and a corresponding .cue-sheet?

Christian ctschmidt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 22:47:07 CEST 2015

Hello all,

I have ripped a number of CDs to large, single WAV-files. That is, one
CD = one file. I also have the corresponding .cue-sheet which
obviously contains the starting time of each "track" within my WAV
file.

Is there a way to make player recognize my WAV and .cue as "one unit"
so that I can skip to the next track as defined by the cue sheet (or
back one track)?

Here's an excerpt from my cuesheet as made by mkcue:

FILE "cdda.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 03:17:28
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 05:37:66
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 07:34:03
(...)

I have thought about a helper scripts that parses the current cue
sheet, the sends "seek xxx 2" commands to player via a fifo pipe
whereas xxx is a calculated value from the cue sheet. Yet this seems
overly complicated and might already be included.

Another thought is, can playlists contain "chapters" for a single WAV
file? That way I could translate my cue sheet to that sort of
playlist.

Thank you,
 Christian.