[MPlayer-users] Playing (one large) WAV/MP3/... and a corresponding .cue-sheet?

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Wed Aug 12 11:43:47 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-12 11:22, Christian wrote:
> Using cvlc allows me to play an mp3/WAV "throught" the intermediate
> use of it's cue sheet, so I guess my question was valid.
> Would you happen to have a command line example for me how to use
> cdparanoia to rip to a bin/cue pair and play that pair with player,
> pease?

Just curious. Would it not be easier to either just re-rip the CD or use
a sound editor to manually cut the soundfile?

I personally would go for the first option. Last time I ripped all my
CDs (about 300 or so) it went pretty fast. About 5 minutes per CD if I
can remeber correctly. Was on an older machine and included encoding to
mp3. Those even can sometimes rename the songs correctly by connection
to an online database.

There are different (free) rippers available for almost every OS.

If you want wav files, and run Linux, you could just mount the CD/ISO
and copy the files. Even faster and if you have many CD's, a simple
script that even icluded open and closing of the CD player should not be
too hard.

Again: this is what I would do as it is so much easier. It does not take
away the theoretical solution of what you ask. My _personal_ choice
would be to re-rip the CD/ISO to whatever I want it to be and if I was
not in possestion of the CD/ISO to do a manual clipping with a sound
editor.

Kind regards,

houghi