[MPlayer-users] Playing (one large) WAV/MP3/... and a corresponding .cue-sheet?

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Wed Aug 12 12:52:05 CEST 2015

Christian wrote on Wed, 12 Aug 2015 11:22:39 +0200:

> so I guess my question was valid.

Well, I don't say that it would be impossible. If MPlayer could use the cue
file as a kind of playlist and would play skippingly then and had a duration
option (which AFAIK it hasn't), it would be possible to play any supported
format given in a cue file.

> Would you happen to have a command line example for me how to use
> cdparanoia to rip to a bin/cue pair and play that pair with player,
> pease?

Actually, I don't know what exactly you are trying to achieve. My goal was to
simulate a (one day non-existing) CDROM device by using a bin/cue file:

Rip with cdrdao:

  cdrdao read-cd --device /dev/hdc --read-raw --datafile cd.bin cd.toc

Convert the results:

  dd conv=swab if=cd.bin of=cd_swap && mv cd_swap cd.bin
  toc2cue cd.toc cd.cue

Now play the CD with gmplayer (CD -> Play):

  gmplayer -cdrom-device cd.cue

You can select individual tracks and jump back and forth (as you can with a
real CDROM device).

Ingo